Dear Parents and Students,
We are excited to start our Bee-A-Reader on the Road to Success reading program for the 2017-2018 school year. This program is designed to give teachers and parents a tool to encourage our young students to learn and improve their reading skills, in order to become great thinkers and enhance their scholastic careers. Some important things to know for this year’s program:
- Start day is Monday, August 28, 2017.
- Each month will have a reading goal. The reading goal can easily be reached by reading 20 minutes a day 5 days a week, and is located on each calendar. Please add your monthly minutes. Watch for calendars to be on the PTA website at: graniteschools.org/beehive/pta
- Calendars are usually due on the first Friday of the next month. Calendars will NOT be accepted after their expiration date. Don’t wait to turn them in.
- A total of 3400 minutes must be read by April 20, 2018 to receive your medallion and book.
- Any reading done at home, including reading as a family and homework, can count toward Bee-A-Reader minutes. Reading done in any language can count.
- The last day to accept April Bee-A-Reader calendars is May 4, 2018.
Frequently asked Questions:
- What if I miss a day? Catch up by reading extra on another day.
- Can I read more than the monthly reading goal? Yes, extra minutes will be added to your grand total.
- What if I don’t reach the monthly reading goal? Turn in the minutes you did read, they will still count toward your grand total.
- Do I need to reach every monthly reading goal to receive the medallion and book? No, but you will miss out on the monthly prize.
- What if I turn in a calendar late? Monthly prize may not be received, but your minutes will still count toward your grand total, if received before the calendar expires. Calendars will NOT be accepted, for prize or minutes, if it has expired (expiration date located on each calendar).
- No calendars will be accepted after May 4th.
We hope you enjoy reading together and look forward to another fun year.
The PTA Bee-A-Reader Ladies