KEEP OUR STUDENTS SAFE!!!!
Please take a few minutes to review the school rules for dropping off and picking up students at school. We have noticed an increase of unsafe practices and need to correct them so that our students can arrive safely and on time. We need your continued help and cooperation. Please follow these rules to ensure that you can get in and out of the parking lot quickly.
- DO NOT use the bus zone, which is the pull-through that runs along 6200 S, before or after school to drop off or pick up students. This is for the safety of your children.
- Parents are encouraged to use the north parking lot to load and unload students.
- THERE IS NO PARKING IN THE DROP-OFF LANE! This is a drop-off or pick up lane only. If you need to exit your vehicle, please park in the parking lot. Not only does parking in the drop-off lane make it hard for our other parents to get into the lane, but also it is against the law and you could get ticketed.
- Please have your child ready to exit the vehicle when you arrive at the school.
- Do not encourage, ask, or demand that your children run across traffic to get to your parked car. Always use crosswalks if available.
- Please pull all the way forward when you drop your child off. We have a large number of students in our school and we need to accommodate everyone. If everyone pulls all the way forward, we can get more cars into the drop-off lane.
- Please have your child exit out the right side of the vehicle. It is not safe for them to exit on the left into the thru lane. Please NEVER stop in the thru lane, especially to drop off or pick up children. This not only impedes the traffic but is very dangerous for your child.
- Do not yell at, curse or make obscene gestures toward our teachers whose concern is for the safety of all children.
- Do not pick up or drop off students in the bus zone unless you are driving a school bus or a marked day care van.
- There is a great amount of congestion in the parking lots during drop off and pick up times. A great option is to park across the street in the church parking lot and walk your children across the sky bridge. Your children can also meet you over there at the end of the day.
- Please do NOT park in the No Parking Zone on 2200 W. or on the side walk. Cars parked in this area are creating unsafe situations.
- Please watch this very helpful video for further clarification: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b0IwVWhoeI8&feature=youtu.be
Your cooperation is greatly appreciated. It is our goal to make certain that all of our students make it to and from school safely. If you are interested in helping to guide traffic, please let us know.