Students at Connection High are expected to be on their best behavior at all times. The following behaviors are not allowed at Connection High:
- Disrespect of staff or peers
- Aggressive/threatening/profane behavior
- “Sluffing” class (See attendance policy)
- Possession of alcohol, tobacco*, or illegal drugs
- Disrupting the learning environment
- Loud music in the building (headphones are okay)
- Damage of property, including graffiti
- All unlawful acts
In the event that a student breaks a school rule, the school administration will determine an appropriate consequence. Any behavior resulting in a police charge / citation will result in the student being dropped from Connection High and immediate referral to adult education.
Consequences may include but are not limited to:
- Phone call home, discipline record
- Referral to adult education
*Tobacco – If a student is found in possession of tobacco on school property he/she will issued a tobacco ticket from the school police officer or administration and will be given a 3 day suspension. The 3 days will count as absences on the student’s attendance record. (See attendance policy)
Connection High School’s Dress Code:
We want to promote effective learning, increase safety and security, and avoid distractions by enforcing and improving Connection High’s dress code.
- All tops and/or pants must cover the naval and mid-section. No midriff baring shirts are allowed.
- Pants/skirts/shorts must be worn with no underwear showing, whether sitting or standing.
- Short and skirts may not be too short: No skin showing above fingertips when standing up straight. Lace-up pants are not permitted.
- No “sagging.” Underwear must be covered at all times.
- No sheer fabric will be allowed.
- Accessories such as chains, spikes and gloves are not allowed.
- All tops must have straps with at least a three-finger width. All straps must lie on shoulders. No spaghetti strap, halter, tube, one-sided, backless, or revealing tops allowed, unless covered with a jacket or full size shirt.
- Items depicting vulgarity, profanity, harassment, suggestive/obscene slogans, violence, weapons, illegal/criminal activity, gang related items, or promotion of alcohol, tobacco, and illegal substances, such as drugs, are not allowed.
- Hats can be worn and must be worn straight. No: bandannas, sweat-bands, or anything else unusual should be worn on the head.
- Face paint will not be permitted.
- Spandex and revealing clothing are unacceptable.
- The school administration reserves the right to make the final determination if an item of clothing is inappropriate for school.
Dress Code Policy Violation Consequences:
First Offense: Change clothes, discipline record
Second Offense: Change clothes, 1-day suspension
Students at Connection High are expected to attended school every day. Being in class is vital to the learning process as it allows for interaction between students and teachers. For this reason, Connection High has a very strict attendance policy.
If a student is absent more than 4 times (in any one class) during any term that student will be dropped from all classes. No credit or grades will be awarded and the student will be invited to return to school when the next term begins. If a student is dropped from school due to absences more than once (example: absent 5 times in term 1 and 5 times again in term 2) that student may be referred to adult education and no longer allowed to attend Connection High. The only reason that a student may be excused from school is if attendance is court is required. In this case the student must present documentation in order to have the absence excused. No other excuses will be accepted (illness, vacation, babysitting, suspension, etc.).
Students are considered tardy if they arrive to class no more than 5 minutes late. If a student is marked tardy 3 times (in any one class) during any term this will count as an absence. If a student arrives more than 5 minutes late they will be marked absent.