– The Family Center (Room 19) is the best-kept secret in the district.
– It is open Monday-Thursday 9-11am and 12:30-2pm. Come visit the office to volunteer.
– This is a very successful program, designed so parents can volunteer in the classroom while other parents watch their toddlers. Parents help in turn by watching other parents’ toddlers.
– In the Family Center is a play area with toys, books, TV/DVD, and a table. Parent can bring snacks.
– Two people stay in the Family Center with the children, while the other parent(s) go to the classroom for one hour. Parents then trade places. Since Debbie or Krista are almost always working in the Family Center, only one parent is usually needed.
– Parents can do side jobs for teachers, such as folding and stapling, while they watch the children.