Recess is a fun time to relax, play, and have fun. But it is also a time to learn and practice cooperation, sharing, taking turns, and inclusion. Please remember…
- Play the right game in the designated area (for example – Tag and Soccer should only be played on the grass, no the blacktop).
- Use Ro-Sham-Bo to solve disagreements and decide who gets to go first.
- When the bell rings line up immediately. You do not have time to “go down the slide one more time.”
- Use one hand and butterfly fingers when playing tag or touch football (also, you should only tag on the shoulder or back).
- Do not bring toys or cell phones out to recess.
- You may use your own ball that you brought from home for morning and afternoon recess, but please leave it in your classroom for lunch recess.
- Play by the official rules of the game – do not change the rules in an effort exclude someone you don’t want to play with.