Welcome to the Jones Center Bakery page. Take some time to look at the show to get a picture of what we are all about.
Students at this job site will participate in the following career-exploration and job-skills activities:
- Learn the fundamentals of working in a commercial bakery;
- Learn safety and sanitation;
- Learn and practice the skills of measuring, following a recipe, baking, and packaging items;
- Make bread, rolls, cookies, cakes, brownies, and many other bakery items;
- Learn bakery cleanup and washing dishes;
- Learn kitchen-appropriate social skills and etiquette;
- Practice writing resumes, filling out applications, and interviewing.