The Jones Center Computer Lab consists of 14 student computer stations, each station equipped with a newer model HP computer running Windows 7 software and the MS Office 2010 Suite. The small size of the lab ensures that each student receives the one-on-one help they need as they learn the computer skills necessary to help them succeed in the job world.
Students engage in the following learning activities:
- Introduction to Word Processing using Microsoft Word 2010;
- Daily practice in typing and keyboarding skills, including 10-key practice;
- Training in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Drawing, and Publisher;
- Internet Safety training;
- Exploring education resources on the web;
- Practice writing resumes, filing out applications, and interviewing skills;
- Practice social skills as appropriate for the learning environment.