From the Blog
by Ann Kane
At Back To School Registration Night, plan on reviewing and signing Granite School District and Mill Creek Elementary policies. Granite School District policies can be found by clicking here. Take a few minutes to review these policies or we will … [Read More...]
Leave School Feedback
We value your feedback. Please take a short survey and let us know how we're doing.Go To Surveys
We are excited to start this new year! Together Everyone Achieves More is our theme this year because it’s true, we do better together! Join us at Back to School Registration Night on August 17 between 5:00 pm and 8:00 pm. You will have the opportunity to complete registration forms, meet your teachers and have fun at the carnival on the playground. There is a nominal fee to play games and rides at the carnival.
Registration Information: You need to complete the registration materials even if you have completed the preliminary registration paperwork. This will ensure all documents needing signatures are completed. The following will take place at Back To School Registration Night on August 17:
- School Calendars will be distributed.
- Mill Creek Handbook: Policies, Procedures and Code of Conduct will be distributed.
- Beginning of school year forms and paperwork will be completed including lunch applications, review of registration cards, internet use agreements, head injury policy, school safety policy, etc. Find all of these documents by clicking here.
- Lunch money can be paid into PAMS accounts. We will have computers set up for application and payment options.
- Make a donation to Mill Creek (checks made out to Mill Creek Elementary).
- Sign up for PTA (checks made out to Mill Creek PTA).
- Meet your teacher.
- Have fun at the carnival!
If you have a child turning 5 by September 1, now is the time to register for Kindergarten. Bring birth certificate, immunization records and proof of address to the main office. Kindergarten begins after pre-assessments are given on August 21 – 23. Call 385-646-4912 for more information.
We know this will be an amazing year of working together and growth for all of our students. For 1st – 6th grade, school starts Monday, August 21 with the first bell ringing at 8:35 am. Breakfast will be served starting at 8:15 am. All Day Kindergarten begins Thursday, August 24 at 8:35 am and half day Kindergarten starts Monday, August 28.
See you on the 17th!
Principal, Mill Creek Elementary
The Dual Language Immersion program follows the 50/50 model: students spend half of their day learning in English and the other half learning in Spanish. Studying in a Dual Language Immersion school such as Mill Creek is the first step on a path from first grade to University level courses. The benefits of Dual Immersion for students include bilingualism (students develop fluency in both English and Spanish), better cognitive skills, perform as well or better than non-immersion students on standardized tests, and increased cultural sensitivity. In all, Dual Language Immersion students leave Mill Creek better prepared to live in a global community.