We enjoyed our first week of the 2017-2018 school year together at Oakridge Elementary! We had the opportunity to see portions of the eclipse, ate together at a school-wide picnic, and showed our school spirit by wearing blue and white and logos. Today, our kindergartners joined us for their first day of school. It is great to have everyone here.
A couple of safety reminders:
We have students who are allergic to or afraid of animals, especially dogs. For their safety and well-being, please keep your pets at home during drop-off and pick-up. If you do choose to bring dogs on school grounds outside of school hours, remember to clean up after them. (It’s never fun to help students wash off clothes or sit in a classroom with the odor of animal droppings. 🙂 )
PARKING, DROP-OFF, and PICK-UP
For the safety of students, PLEASE encourage your children to use the crosswalks. No U-turns at any time.
Please observe the following traffic rules:
Front Parking Lot on Jupiter:
- Use the student drop-off zones. Do not pull up to the school steps. This is for Teacher Parking Only.
- Pull as far forward as possible, as close to the Jupiter exit as you can.
- Park only in designated parking spaces.
- Only use Oakview for dropping off or picking up students.
- DO NOT park on Oakview unless you park east of the school grounds or at the church above Oakridge.
- DO NOT leave your car unattended.
- DO NOT park your cars on Neptune. It is a narrow street and emergency vehicles need it to remain clear for accessibility.
Church Parking Lot East of Oakridge:
- Enter on the far East and exit on the West side of the church.
- DO NOT park on either side of the entrance or exit area.
- The WEST SIDE of the lot is for drivers who wish to stay in their cars. Please form a single file line as children find their respective cars. Leave enough room for children to walk on the West side of the cars. If the children walk on the West side, it allows them to easily access the car without walking through the parking lot.
- The EAST SIDE of the parking lot is for drivers who wish to park their cars. If possible, cars should back into each space for safety reasons.
Thank you for your help with these matters!