August 10, 2016
Dear Orchard Families,
I hope you are having a memorable summer with your families.
I’d like to give you an update of things that will be happening at Orchard this coming school year.
- Our bell schedule will change to the following:
FIRST BELL 8:10 TARDY BELL 8:15 BREAKFAST 8:15 – 8:25 All students, in classrooms (not mandatory)
AM KINDERGARTEN Regular Days 8:15 – 11:15 Planning Days 8:15 – 10:10
PM KINDERGARTEN Regular Days 11:55 – 2:55 Planning Days 10:45 – 12:40
DIMISSAL Regular Days 2:55 Planning Days 12:40
- Registration for Kindergarten and New Students can be done in the office beginning on Monday August 8th from 9:00 – 2:30 P.M. This will continue until Monday August 15th.
- We will have The Utah Bank Mobile Pantry Distribution Truck here on the first Monday of each month, with 2 exceptions, from 3:15- to 4:15 P.M. Labor Day falls on the first Monday of September so our first truck will be here on Aug. 29th.
- USE OF PRODUCT PROVIDED BY UTAH FOOD BANK;
- Other dates are as follows: October 3rd, November 5th, December 5th, (No Jan. truck), February 6th, March 6th, April 3rd, and May 1st. No Summer Deliveries.
- Food will be distributed free of charge – 18 lbs. per family
- Food will not be transferred for money, property, or services.
- Food will be distributed on a first-come, first-served basis to all who declare need.
- In accordance with Federal Law and U.S. Department of Agriculture policy, Utah Food Bank is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age or disability. Utah Food Bank is an equal opportunity provider.
- Eastman Adams will be our school photographer this year. They have agreed to have a Family Photo Night on Monday November 7th from 5:30 – 7:00 P.M.
- Sign up for a time during Meet Your Teacher Night or you can sign up for an appointment in the office. If we don’t have enough sign up, we will have to cancel.
- They are offering this at very affordable prices: $40 for a CD of ALL the photos taken per family and any additional sheets along with the CD will be $5. Any sheets purchased without the CD will be $10 each.
- We would like to have a No Sale Fund Raiser this year. This requires just as much, if not more campaigning with friends, coworkers, and family, but 100% of the money remains at the school. In past years we only keep 45% of funds raised.
- We want to target the money raised to update our playground equipment – these are very expensive. If we don’t raise enough money this year, we will carry it over and add to it next year so we can get good quality additions for our students to enjoy.
- Last but not least, we will not have a Morning Mingle the first day of school. We will have a Meet the Teacher Night, in its place, on Thursday, August 18th from 6:00 – 7:30 P.M. Our amazing teachers would like the opportunity to meet with you in groups to give you an overview of the year and their expectations. This is on a volunteer basis however, most, if not all, of our teachers have expressed an interest in participating in this activity. Students are welcome to join you for this activity.
We will begin in the gym for an informational meeting for 20 minutes. There will be three 15 minute sessions in classrooms with teachers with a 5-minute transition between each session. We hope this will help everyone get off to a great start for the 2016-2017 school year.
We look forward to a great year of TEAM work between Students, Parents, Teachers, and Administration. Together Everyone Achieves More. We want to teach our students to fly with the Eagles.
Principal, Orchard Elementary