Good evening Truman families. This is our update for the week of April 17.
This will be a regular week with early day on Friday.
We have 5 announcements:
- The PTA fundraiser, Penny Wars, continues this week. This fundraiser is a competition between classes to see who can collect the most pennies. But there’s a fun twist: nickels, dimes and quarters deduct from the penny count. So, put the pennies in your class’ bottle and the nickel, dimes and quarters in a competitor’s class bottle. Either way, the whole school benefits. In conjunction with the fundraiser, we’d like to remind you that the 5K is April 30 @ 8:30. You can register at trumanpta.com
- Also from PTA, there are open positions on the PTA. The following have been nominated:
- Becky Pulley for president
- Merri Rygg for treasurer
- Rachel Harvey for secretary
- If you have other nominations for these positions, or if you would like to run for them yourself, please contact Mrs. Christensen by April 25th. Voting will take placed on April 30th.
- There will be free breakfast all this week to assist students with their Sage tests. Breakfast starts at 8:30. Please have your students here in sufficient time to eat and still be on time to class.
- Our earthquake and evacuation drill that was previously scheduled for last week has been moved to this Thursday. This is drill is supervised by the fire department. Please don’t be alarmed as you see this event occurring on Thursday afternoon. This is only a drill.
- 3rd grade will have a field trip on Friday. Please have them here on time so they don’t miss the bus.