Dear Parents at Valley Crest,
It has been a wonderful year of learning, and we thank you for your support and help throughout the year. We know that there are many activities in the summertime, but we would like to continue to have students learn throughout the summer months. Students will bring home a packet of activities that can be done. We ask that students read and do the activities to keep their brains active and engaged, along with all the other great summer activities. Please note the following:
- Our Valley Crest library will be open on a few Wednesdays throughout summer. Families are welcome to come and check out books. All students must be accompanied by an adult. The library will be open from 10:00 am-12:00 pm. Story hour will be at 11:00 am, if you would like your children to sit and listen to a story out-loud. The dates that the library will be open are as follows:
- Wednesday, June 7, 2017 10:00 am – 12:00 pm.
- Wednesday, June 21, 2017 10:00 am- 12:00 pm.
- Wednesday, July 12, 2017 10:00 am-12:00 pm.
- Wednesday, July 19, 2017 10:00 am- 12:00 pm.
- Wednesday, August 2, 2017 10:00 am- 12:00 pm. (All books are due to be returned by this day. No checkout today)
- Students will bring home a reading log. Please have students color in one star for every day read. If their READ charts are filled out, they will receive a book at the beginning of the 2017-2018 school year.
- If the packet of work is complete and turned in at the beginning of the school year, their names will be put into a drawing for several large prizes.
- There are blank pages to keep a summer journal of exciting events, as well as language arts and math activities.
Have a wonderful summer. Back to School Registration will be August 3. School will resume on August 21, 2017 (for 1st-6th Grades). If you have a child or know of a child that will be 5 before September 1, 2017, please have them come to the school to register as a new student.
Jane A. McClure, Principal
Katy Timothy, Assistant Principal