Wasatch Junior High is a place of learning and business. The school is not the place for “fashion statements.” The dress code below applies to all students:
Student dress should not contain symbols and words that promote values that are patently contrary to the school’s educational mission, including, but not limited to the following:
- Body piercing other than earlobes (e.g. tongue studs or nose rings);
- Clothing that is worn in any way that reflects gang affiliation, conceals contraband, or creates a distraction;
- Tank tops, halters, spaghetti strips, bare midriffs, and other abbreviated clothing; Shirts and tops must cover the waist, top of shoulders (at least cap sleeves);
- See through tops or coverlets which cover a top that would violate the dress code;
- Sagging pants that reveal the underwear or is more than one size larger than the student’s measurements;
- Short shorts or short skirts. Shorts, skirts and dresses should be mid-thigh or longer and must extend longer than the fingertips when arms are held to the sides (when the skirt is worn at the waist). Must be appropriate length even if leggings/tights are worn underneath;
- Leggings or tights with nothing over them. If worn must be worn in accordance with shorts, skirts and dress policy;
- Hoodies on head, bandanas, gloves, spiked jewelry or chains;
- Clothing with profanity, suggestive or sexual remarks or innuendos, gang affiliation, or promotes the use of drugs;
- Pajamas or slippers /Bare feet;
- Pants with holes above the knee;
- Sunglasses worn inside the school unless prescribed by a physician.
*Hats or caps may be worn at school, however, teachers have the final say if worn in their classrooms.
Students who wear inappropriate clothing shall be referred to the administration and will be given the following options:
(1) Student shall be given an outfit to wear throughout the day;
(2) Student may call parent to bring appropriate clothes.
After school detention and parent conferences may be assigned for repeat offenders. Students who fail to return school clothing shall be assessed a $25.00 fine for each article of clothing lost.
Administrators will have complete and final judgment on all matters concerning interpretation of the student dress code.