Updates and reminders for Academy Park families:
- PLAYWORKS—Attached to the email sent to all families is the October newsletter from our Playworks Coach Andrew. Enjoy! We still need a few more $$$ to help support our program this year. Do you have an employer who might donate? Please ask and then send them to our website for more information. We are most grateful for the generous donations from several businesses thus far, including Discover Financial Services, USANA, and Walker Edison Furniture.
- SCHOOL FUNDRAISER—We thank our families for donating directly to our school via the school fundraiser where we earned nearly $6000 to support our school. Fundraiser products will be going home on Thursday Oct 11th in the afternoon. Thanks to all who have volunteered their time to help us get those products ready for delivery.
- PTA MEMBERSHIP DRIVE—This is the month to join PTA for just $5 per family. There is no expectation of volunteering when you join and every dollar helps the PTA. Please join! We also need more volunteers to help our PTA president, Tiffany Gray, and our PTA secretary, Stephanie Webster. These two ladies do a GIANT service to our school and I know there are more parents out there who can help too. Remember the saying, “many hands make light work”. Contact the office if you can volunteer to help our wonderful president and secretary.
- HALLOWEEN—Our annual parade begins at 8:45 on October 31st in the gym. Please be seated by 8:30 so we can have our annual Title 1 parent meeting before the show. I know you are so excited to hear from your principal about our school goals and progress toward achieving them! Our PTA will also announce the winners of the $50 gift certificates for joining PTA this year. Your child’s teacher will send more details about the various Halloween activities that will take place after the parade. If you want to volunteer that day, please let your child’s teacher know ahead of time so they can plan for you. PLEASE!
- COMMUNITY COUNCIL—Our next meeting is Thursday Oct 11th at 4:00. We love getting parent input on the things we are doing at Academy Park. This is a great way to have your voice heard and your ideas considered.
Thank you again for trusting our school with the education of your children.