Welcome to Granite Community Centers! We provide English and computer skills classes, classes where parents and kids can work together as a family, and more.
Community Center Coordinator
Idaliz Romero 385-646-4828 Email Me
We hold classes on days that are listed below.
- Exercise 10:30 a.m. - 11:30 a.m.
- English 11:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. & 4:45 p.m. - 5:45 p.m.
- Computer Class 12:45 p.m. - 1:00 p.m. & 4:00 p.m.
- My Family & Me 1:30 p.m. - 2:30 p.m.
- Exercise 9:00 a.m. - 10:00 a.m.
- English 10:00 a.m. - 11:00 p.m.
About Our Community Center
Community Centers Mission
Community Centers provide meaningful learning and growth opportunities leading to positive pathways for an enhanced quality of life for all students, families and communities.
Community Centers Overview
Community Centers have offered English as a Second Language Classes (ESL) and Basic Computer Skills Classes to hundreds of parents in a period of a few years impacting positively the lives of parents and children of the district.
The recipients of these programs have been parents that due to many life circumstances in their countries of origin never had the chance to be instructed in English, Basic Computer abilities, or parenting classes.
The end results are showing that it is absolutely necessary for the parents to be familiar with the computer and the English language so they can assist their children with school work and the fluid communications that must exist between parents, teachers, and administrators of the school system.
Community Centers Impact
- The students are able to perform better academically.
- Parents are able and better prepared to participate in their children's education.
- Parents and Utah Schools develop stronger working relationships of trust.
- Participant's parents that graduate are able to get and hold better jobs.