Online Voting Timeline for Granite School District Schools & Arcadia will be held on Monday, Sept 18th to Wednesday, Sept 20th:
ONLINE VOTING icon will be LIVE on the Arcadia webpage Monday 9/18 & closes Wednesday night 9/20. Please click the active link to vote on those days only.
Patron Candidates for Arcadia Community Council Elections (2017-2018):
- Jennifer J. Hathaway: I have 2 kids at Arcadia: 6th and 4th grade. I have volunteered at the schools for 6 years. I have also worked closely with the PTA and have served as PTA President for 2 years. As that position comes to an end, I would love to be involved in Community Council at Arcadia. It is important to me that the Community council carries on all the good work that it has been doing and continues to make strides for positive in the community and school. I enjoy serving my community, school and neighbors. Good things happen when we work towards a common goal.
- Ammon Nickolas Jacobsmeyer: Finance professional with prior experience with allocation of state funds as SUU university senator. Passions of mine including education and adoption. Former state employee (SUU). Care for children’s future empowerment.
- Katie Martin: Mom of 3 children. Volunteered for two years at daughter’s Head Start, as well. Great with kids and love to help.
- Susan H. Oveson: I feel that Community Council is very important and feel that they have important information given to you. I have a child on the spectrum so I have a unique perspective on most things. I would love to be chosen to be on Community Council again.
- Lisa Sudweeks: I have 4 boys: 2 currently attend Arcadia. This is my 6th year as a member of the PTA Board and I love our school! I want to build a more connected community and make sure all of our children have the best experience they can while at Arcadia.
- Alma Turner: I’m from El Salvador. I speak English and Spanish. I work well with kids. I am a member of Community Council.
- Angela Winward: I have served a two-year term on CC previously, 2015-2017. In 2016, I served as an appointed CC Chair. I am a good candidate for CC. I believe my previous experience will be beneficial. There is a significant learning curve when one joins the council. My experience will help us push forward and make gains. I am determined to listen to everyone, to consider all options, and to make decisions that are good for all students and not simply my own.