Parents and Students of the 2018-2019 Kindergarten Class are invited to attend Registration and Orientation on Friday, March 9th at 2:00 pm in the gym. Please bring all applicable documentation with you as listed below:
- ID of the parent registering the student.
- A copy of the child’s birth certificate. Your child must be 5 years old on or before September 1st.
- A copy of the child’s UTAH immunization card.
- Proof of Address. (A recent copy of an electricity, gas, or water bill in the parent’s name, or rental agreement or mortgage statement in the parent’s name that lists the address as a “service address” or “property address” — no other proof of address will be accepted.)
- Not sure where your child is supposed to register? Click this link to check school boundaries.
Immunization Information (English or Spanish)- Your child will need to be immunized prior to coming to school. If you choose not to immunize, a waiver (obtained through the health department) will need to be submitted with registration.
Kindergarten Brochure (English or Spanish)- Information for parents and caregivers to understand the developmental stages Kindergarten children are experiencing. Learn what we will be teaching in Kindergarten, and how you can support your child at home.
Arcadia has Optional Extended Day Kindergarten (O.E.K.)- Granite School District has 29 of our 63 elementary schools offering Optional Extended Day (full-day) Kindergarten. As per district policy, we do not allow for “special permits” in to our O.E.K. classes. You will need to live within the boundaries of one of those 29 participating schools for your child to be considered for placement in an O.E.K. class. O.E.K. is funded by the state legislature and we are required by state guidelines to staff O.E.K. classes with the majority of students determined to be “at risk.”
Kindergarten Registration- The U.S.O.E. has published, “Kindergarten Here We Come” for parents to know what to expect from their child’s Kindergarten year. It is published in both English and Spanish. Your child needs to be 5 years old on or before September 1st to be able to register for Kindergarten.
U.S.O.E. Early Childhood Standards (English or Spanish)- the Utah State Office of Education (U.S.O.E.) has published Early Childhood Standards defining core subjects and mastery for children ages 3 to 5 years old. Parents can see the core curriculum and know what their child should be learning before Kindergarten.