Hello Arcadia Family!
We need to pass along more information to you about Arcadia Elementary. This update is as of today, August 20th 2020.
ADDITIONAL CHANGES TO THE SCHOOL YEAR CALENDAR We have additional calendar changes. Please take note and let your daycare providers know of these changes:
• October 21 and October 22 are now days where classes will not be in session. This is for both face-to-face and distance learners.
• There will be a shortened bell schedule on Thursday, September 24th and Tuesday, October 20th . Please refer to our bell schedule for those specific times. Thus far they have updated the calendar for the 1st term, which is August 24th to October 22nd . If things change for 2nd term (October 26th to January 14th), we will get that information to you.
DISTANCE LEARNERS For distance learners, school will be distance learning for you Monday through Friday. Each teacher will run their distance learning programs differently, just as they run differently during face-to-face instruction. Please reach out to your student’s teacher for details.
• Chromebook distribution: For those who will need a Chromebook, we will be available on August 24th from 9:00 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. OR 1:00 p.m. to 2:30 p.m. to check-out a Chromebook. If you are unable to make it on that day, you will need to call the school to make an appointment to check-out a Chromebook.
FACE-TO-FACE LEARNING: For our face-to-face learners, school will be held Monday through Thursday, on the Arcadia Elementary campus. Friday will be distance learning for everyone, so face-to-face learners will be learning either online at home or doing packets depending on what the teacher has assigned. For Friday distance learning, please check with your student’s individual teacher about how they will run their hours for Friday learning.
This update is as of today, August 20th, 2020.
FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL Our first day of school is Monday, August 24th for our 1st through 6th grade classes. • Kindergarten classes will begin Thursday, August 27th. Students will need to line-up outside in their designated line-up area, near their teacher’s picture that will be outside the building. Signs will also be up on the first day, including signs to help show you where grade levels line-up. Due to the COVID pandemic, our traditional Back-To-School Morning will not take place this year. We are sad we will miss this opportunity to meet all of you!
RECESS & PE: Face masks are required during recess. Face masks are required for P.E. time.
This update is as of today, August 20th, 2020.
SCHOOL LUNCH Distance learners are welcomed to pick-up a school sack lunch from Arcadia Elementary. This is open only to those students enrolled with Arcadia Elementary.
• You can pick-up lunch from 10:50 a.m. to 11:10 a.m., Monday through Friday (or days that school is in session), at the east side of the school (the same place lunch was offered during the summer months).
• Please use the sidewalk to get to the kitchen door that is on the northeast side of our building. Do not drive cars onto our playground area. This is to keep our students safe while outside for recesses.
• Students will need to know who their teacher is, as that is how we will be gathering their information for charges.
• Lunch will be charged, just as it is during a regular school day. You will need to ensure your student has money in their lunch account. You can pay online through the Pay Pams program. There is a link to that program on our website. If you need to apply for free or reduced lunch, you can do that online through www.myschoolapps.com.
• Other children at home will need to check with their school on times lunch will be served for them. We will not be handing out lunch to families, just to students enrolled with Arcadia.
Face-To-Face learners will have lunch Monday through Thursday in our cafeteria area, (there are no changes for Monday through Thursday). On Fridays, you are welcomed to stop by to pick-up a cold sack lunch. This will only be offered to students enrolled with Arcadia Elementary.
• Pick-up times are from 10:50 a.m. to 11:50 a.m. on Friday, (or Fridays that school is in session).
• You will need to pick lunch up from the outside kitchen door, which is on our northeast side of the building. Please use the sidewalk to access the pick-up area.
Thank you for riding this wild roller coaster with us! We have appreciated the patience you have all shown us. We learn what is changing about the same time you do. We then need to take time plan how these changes will affect us. So again, thank you for understanding. If you have questions give us a call 385-646-4756. We also try to keep our webpage and Facebook pages up to date, so feel free to check there as well. See you soon!
Principal Graham and Assistant Principal Adams