Hello Bacchus Community,
We hope you are enjoying your summer break and looking forward to the start of a new school year. We really miss our students and are looking forward to the start of school! We appreciate your patience and flexibility as our situation requires adjustments. Here is what we currently know….
The Granite School Board met and confirmed that all schools will reopen this Fall, five days a week, our normal schedule, with a short day on Friday. The Board’s plan calls for schools to provide options for both in-person and online instruction to meet the individual needs of students and families. Classes for 1st-6th graders will begin on Monday, August 24, and Kindergarten classes will begin on Thursday, August 27 for our Kindergarten students.
Parents of students have the option to choose either in-person learning (where their child is present in the building for learning) or distance learning (just as we did last spring, a Chromebook and/or paper packets will be provided for student learning) Either option requires enrollment/registration at Bacchus Elementary. You should have received an email with a learning request form that needs to be filled out for each student and turned into the school no later than August 3, 2020. You can submit your “Learning Options Request Form” to the school as part of registration or submit it electronically through email or fax.
REGISTRATION: To help increase personal safety, we are extending and scheduling registration so we have fewer people in the building at a time. (Families with multiple last names may pick one time slot to attend. You do not need to come to all separate times).
- Parents whose children’s last names start with A-L can register on:
- Wednesday, July 29th from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Thursday, July 30th from 1- 7 p.m.
- Parents whose children’s last names start with M-Z can register on:
- Wednesday, July 29th from 1- 7 p.m.
- Thursday, July 30th from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- If you have a student new to the school (kindergarten or recently moved into the Bacchus boundary)you will be required to provide a birth certificate, immunization record, proof of residency, and photo identification. You should follow the same schedule listed above.
- If you are unable to register during these times, please contact the school to schedule an appointment for registration. Appointment times will be limited, so please make every effort to come July 29th or 30th.
- Please make sure to wear masks and practice social distancing while in the school.
- If you have neighbors who are new to Bacchus, please share this information with them.
I am working diligently with the district, staff, community council, and PTA to create a plan that allows for many additional safety precautions to keep your children and our staff as safe as possible. Our school plan will be shared with you via email and be available on our school website soon! Students, parents, guardians, and family members that enter the building will be required to wear a mask. We encourage you to start getting your children used to wearing them by having them wear them for brief periods of time each day.
While we understand that school will look and feel a bit different this year, we are excited to welcome your students back and to have the opportunity to help them learn and grow whether they attend in person or as distance learners. Please let us know how we can support your family.
Mrs. Becki Monson
Principal, Thomas W. Bacchus Elementary