Following is the guidance we have received for end of year activities for elementary schools.
End of the Year In-Person Activities 2020-2021
You may hold indoor/outside end of the year in-person activities such as field day, school plays, and award ceremonies with the following procedures put in place:
– Ensure that all staff members, patrons, and students are wearing a mask.
– Your plans should include mitigation procedures listed in the COVID
– Indoor venues must allow for social distancing and a maximum of 25%
– Entrance and exit logistics must be planned to minimize students
gathering and allow for social distancing.
– Limit the number of students/adults. Consider conducting activities by
grade level (like what you are currently doing at recess).
– Outdoor activities should also allow for physical distancing during
Distribution of store purchased and individually wrapped refreshments can occur. Food may be distributed in the cafeteria, classroom, and outside. Food should be served in small group settings with six-feet social distancing maintained or as a grab-in-go option.
PTSA and Parent Volunteers
– PTSA and parents may be used to help supervise outdoor activities, such as field days, but masks must be worn properly at all times.
– Staff or parent volunteers that have had the opportunity to be vaccinated should be used for activities held indoors or when social distancing is prohibitive.
At Risk Activities
– Because of COVID-19 Restrictions, activities such as bounce houses, rock climbing walls, and skating at a commercial business will be suspended until further notice.
The following documents found on the coronavirus.utah.gov website are to guide safety procedural decision making.
COVID-19 SCHOOL MANUAL
COVID-19 Business Manual