Click HERE to fill out your monthly Bee A Reader Calendar minutes. Students need to submit their total minutes read each month.
Dear Parents and Students,
We are excited for our Bee-A-Reader program for the 2020-2021 school year. This program is designed to give teachers and parents a tool to encourage our young students to learn and improve their reading skills, in order to become great thinkers and enhance their scholastic careers. Some important things to know for this year’s program:
- Start day is Monday, August 31, 2020.
- Each month will have a reading goal. The reading goal can easily be reached by reading 20 minutes a day 5 days a week, and is located on each calendar. Please add your monthly minutes.
- Calendars can be found here or beehivepta.weebly.com
- Calendars are usually due on the first Friday of the next month. Calendars will NOT be accepted after their expiration date. Don’t wait to turn them in.
- New this year – Online option to enter your student’s reading minutes! No need to turn in the paper calendar. Expiration dates still apply.
- A total of 3500 minutes must be read by April 30, 2021 to receive your medallion and book.
- Any reading done at home, including reading as a family, can count toward Bee-A-Reader minutes. Reading done in any language can count.
- Reading done as part of your Distance Learning curriculum does not count.
- The last day to accept April Bee-A-Reader calendar minutes is May 14, 2021.
- What if I miss a day? Catch up by reading extra on another day.
- Can I read more than the monthly reading goal? Yes, extra minutes will be added to your grand total.
- What if I don’t reach the monthly reading goal? Turn in the minutes you did read, they will still count toward your grand total.
- Do I need to reach every monthly reading goal to receive the medallion and book? No, but you will miss out on the monthly prize.
- What if I turn in a calendar late? Monthly prize may not be received, but your minutes will still count toward your grand total, if received before the calendar expires. Calendars will NOT be accepted, for prize or minutes, if it has expired (expiration date located on each calendar).
- No calendar minutes will be accepted after May 14th.
We hope you enjoy reading together and look forward to another fun year.
The PTA Bee-A-Reader Ladies