Bonneville Parents and Students,
It was amazing to see the teachers at work preparing diligently for the start of the school year last week. They are all amazing individuals and are dedicated to making your students safety and well being our top priority while providing a robust educational experience. Way to go teachers!
School starts on August 24th at 7:45 am. We are expecting students to be dropped off between 7:30 am and 7:40 am. The south parking lot has two lanes to drop students off and two pull thru lanes. Please follow the proper traffic pattern when dropping your student off. This will ensure the safety of all students. Students are not to be dropped off or picked up in the bus zone. The students will not be allowed in the building until 7:30 am and are expected to go straight to class without lingering in the hallways. Teachers doors will be opened at 7:35 am. School ends at 2:45 each day. Expectations are that students exit the building immediately and are on their way home not later that 2:55 pm. Parents please plan accordingly if you are picking your student up.
6th Grade Open House
On Wednesday August 19 from 12:00-2:45 pm we are having our 6th grade and new student open house. Those students are invited to come to the school and walk their schedule, visiting each of their classrooms to say a quick hello to their teachers. Please follow the schedule below and maintain social distance in the school. . Students must be accompanied by a parent, but we are also asking that only the student and one parent enter the building to keep the numbers in the building at a minimum.
12:00-1:00 pm A-H
1:00-2:00 pm I-O
2:00-2:45 pm P-Z
Chromebooks for Distance Learners
If you have completed your registration and have opted for distance learning you can check out a Chromebook by appointment from Amanda Hatton. The corrected email is firstname.lastname@example.org.
A few reminders:
• Practice wearing a mask.
• No lockers will be used at the beginning of the year. Band students will have a storage space in the band room for their instruments.
• Hand sanitizer will be available all around the school use often.
• Backpacks are allowed.
• Each student will need one two-inch, three ringed binder that they carry from class to class.
• Students will be expected to clean their workstation after each period.
• Registration is past due. If you have not completed your registration, please do so as soon as possible. Registration is done through your GSD postal account. If you need help, please call the school at 385-646-5124. If you are choosing Distance Learning the form needs to be emailed to your student’s counselor as soon as possible.
Look for continued updates this week. We are excited to begin the 2020-2021 school year.
Thanks for making Bonneville a great place to be,