Bonneville Parents and students,
School is set to start on Monday august 24, 2020 at 7:45 AM. We are excited to see everyone and get the school year started. This email is a little longer than usual, but I will try to make it as user friendly as possible. Check out our quick little hello video explaining some of our procedures.
• School doors will open at 7:30 AM. Please follow designated traffic patterns when dropping off your student. No cars in the bus lane on the east side of the school. The student’s drop off parking lot is located on the south side of the school.
• Mask up as soon as you enter the school’s property.
• Please use the hand sanitizing stations when entering the school and head straight to class. The teachers’ doors will be open at 7:35 AM.
• Walk on the right side of the hallway.
• Students will be given a lunch card during their first period class. You will need to scan the card when entering the lunch line. Remember the vending machines will be unavailable at this time. Lunch can be paid for online through PAYPAMS. If you are paying for lunch with cash or check that needs to be turned into the front office before school starts each day. The preferred method is online.
• Bring a full water bottle. Water bottle filling stations are located by the main office or the Auditorium before school.
• Daily announcements during 1st period.
• Students will be expected to clean their workstation.
• Backpacks are allowed. Bring a 2” three ringed binder to school. Please bring paper and a pen or pencil. Sack lunches will need to be carried in their backpack throughout the day.
• We will have staff in the halls to help direct students to their classes.
• School ends at 2:45 PM each day. Students need to exit the building and be off school grounds by 2:55 PM. The custodial staff will begin sanitizing the building immediately after-school, so all students need to exit as soon as possible. We will be having a few after-school programs in a few weeks so check the daily announcements for when those are going to start.
• Keep your social distance whenever possible. We are extending the lunchroom area to include down the auditorium hallway and extending the courtyard to the sidewalk. When returning to class, when lunch is over, please avoid crowding at the entrances. You will have plenty of time to get to class.
• Fridays are a Distance Learning day for ALL students. This means there are expectations for all students to complete work on Canvas, regardless of which learning option you are participating in.
• Check our dress code before return to school.
• Every student needs an adult available to pick up them up immediately if needed. Please update your contact information so this can happen.
• Print off your schedule for the first day of school and come ready to learn and have fun.
Distance Learning Information
• Those students and parents that are participating in distance learning will access their course information through Canvas. You can access Canvas through your student’s portal account. The parent portal account will allow the parent to see the course but to participate in the actual course work you must be logged into the student’s portal account.
• Help with Canvas can be found at:
• Student’s course work will be posted starting the first day of school. After the first day of school if you cannot access the course please contact your teachers for help. Teachers will try to respond to emails usually within twenty-four hours during normal school hours. Remember they are still teaching face to face classes Monday thru Thursday and facilitating distance learning for all students on Fridays.
• A Granite Student Login Cheat Sheet will also be attached with some helpful information as well.
• Chromebooks can be checked out by distance learners by appointment only. Please contact Amanda Hatton at email@example.com to set up an appointment.
• Distance Learning requires 6 to 6.5 hours of studying a day.
• Grades will be done using Gradebook.
• It is important to know that online learning requires structure and clear expectations at home. Those who have done well establish routines, with specific times designated for students to work. Success is also more likely when parents have students show them that assignments are shown as complete on Canvas and ask questions about their learning.
• Distance learning is the same curriculum students will receive face to face. It is also the same grading. We are dedicated to assuring your student gets a full year of education. His or her success is vital to their future.
We are dedicated to ensuring the safety of all our students and staff. Extra cleaning procedures and schedules have been put in place. But we need help from every parent and student to make this happen. If you feel sick stay home and email your teacher about getting the days curriculum. We are in this together and if we all pitch in, we can make this a fabulous year.
Thanks to all of you. The Bonneville Community has always been able to rise to the occasion and come out ahead. This year will no different. It will be an amazing year. Way to go!
Granite_Student_Login_Cheat_Sheet_-_Secondary.pdf (2.0 MB)