Early Open Enrollment begins on December 2nd, 2019 and runs through Friday, February 21st. 2020. Open Enrollment Applications are available at the Churchill Main Office.
Please remember that Early Open Enrollment Applications are processed in the order received. Students residing within Granite District boundaries are given priority. Enrollment depends on space available in the requested grade, class, or program.
Open Enrollment does not require a release from the student’s home school or district. There is no guarantee that siblings will be accepted, but you should consider and make an effort to accommodate applicants who have a sibling in the requested school or district. Please be aware that students must re-apply when they transition from elementary school to junior high, or from junior high to high school, there is no automatic feeder system for Open Enrollment; therefore, reapplication is necessary to attend a school outside of the student’s home boundary school.
8th grade parents
Skyline High Early Open Enrollment Application Process
for the 2020-2021 School Year
December 2, 2019 – February 21, 2020*
*Applications will not be accepted before December 2, 2019
Open Enrollment Applications for the 2020-2021 school year will be accepted beginning Monday, December 2, 2019. Granite School District students will be given first priority for placement. All other applications will be handled on a first-come, first-served basis. Students who were approved to attend Churchill Junior High or Wasatch Junior High MUST complete a new Open Enrollment Application to apply for open enrollment at Skyline High School.
- Complete the Utah State Office of Education Open Enrollment Application, available in Skyline’s Main Office. The Main Office phone number is (385) 646-5420.
- Attach the student’s last report card. **EARLY OPEN ENROLLMENT FORMS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED WITHOUT THE STUDENT’S LAST REPORT CARD.** The school will not be printing the report cards, so please come prepared with a copy.
- If the student has tried out for, or participated in, any competitive activity at another high school, the Transfer of Eligibility process at the Register My Athlete website (www.registermyathlete.com/schools) MUST be completed to apply to be eligible to participate in competitive sports or activities at Skyline High School.
- Return to: Skyline High School
Attn: Geoff Murdock, Assistant Principal
3251 E. 3760 S.
SLC, UT 84109
- Written notification of acceptance or denial of open enrollment application will be given to the student’s parent or legal guardian as follows: For applications received during the Early Open Enrollment period –by March 31, 2020 or within six weeks after receipt of the application, whichever is later.
Skyline High School