We cannot say enough about how much we appreciate our community. Please tell your students that we miss them and talk about them all the time. Here is a reminder of our weekly schedule: https://docs.google.com/document/d/e/2PACX-1vRJ0RymouGvBiNjpN9FfYj4J8OvXw4OhRTDezGyJSHCthUSEsFZ_22pXoI0mYKnSuGEviVgqleDovKb/pub
This week the District released information in regards to Quarter 4 proficiency scores. It is our desire to ensure that we are doing all we can to provide an accurate reflection of the learning your student has achieved. This requires clear communication and time.
Monday, May 11th:
- Teachers will cut off new assignments that will affect proficiency score.
Wednesday the 13th P.M.:
- You will receive a student support message.
- It will reflect an accurate proficiency score at that current time.
- A link will be provided that will allow you to decide whether the proficiency score is an accurate reflection or if you and your student need more time and help.
- Another link will direct you to check out procedures for lockers and check in options should that be required.
PTSA: This may be a great time to work on reflections projects! Reflection entries will be due in October. Please see more information here: https://www.utahpta.org/reflections.
The following Departments have set up times to chat either via Microsoft Teams or quickly with emails or phone calls:
- Math: Mondays: 1 to 2 p.m.; Wednesdays: 1 to 2 p.m.
- CTE: Mondays from 10 to 11:00 a.m.
- Science: Tuesday from 10 to 11:00 a.m.
- English: As needed, Chester 1:30 to 2 p.m.
- Fine arts: Thursday 10 to 11:00 a.m.
Please continue to go to our website to see what amazing things our student leaders are doing. We will also be sending out additional information in the coming weeks. Please let me know if there is anything we can do for you.
I will end this message where I started. We miss your students! We care about you and please know we think of you often. We are committed to you.
Churchill Junior High
Also, check out the Granite School District student Bill of Rights!