We have received feedback that selection of online and in person learning during the registration process has been confusing for some. We want to ensure that the process is easy and that your requests are honored. We have created a Google form to solve this problem. This form will be uploaded to our registration page for those still needing to complete registration. Please complete the form even if you have already registered your student and filled out the required document online. This will allow us to ensure we have the correct information for all incoming families. Here is the link to the form: https://forms.gle/K8dDLGEYjbT47jKx5
I strongly believe you cannot get a better package of online or in person learning than at Churchill. Our amazing teachers are funded by the number of students that register with us. Please register and tell your friends and neighbors to register!
Other items of importance:
- Those who prepaid for a yearbook should have received an additional email today. Yearbooks will be sold on Tuesday Aug 11th from 1- 3pm and Wednesday Aug 12th 9 to 11:30am. You must have exact cash ($20), check or credit card. Please make sure you wear a mask and practice good social distancing when you arrive. No more than one person in the office at a time.
- Covid-19 mitigation plan:
- Please look on our website for, “Churchill’s return to school plan”. This will allow you to understand what the school will look, and sound like for your student. The biggest mitigation strategy will be adult and student behaviors. We are creating videos that will show what behaviors will be expected in different areas to prevent transmission. Please watch for those in the upcoming weeks.
- Online learning:
- The school board has designated that in person learning will occur Monday to Thursday. Friday will be devoted to online support. No students will attend school in person on Friday. We will be sending home detailed information on what online learning will be like for your student in the upcoming weeks.
- 6th grade and new student orientation:
- We know students new to our building need help relieving anxiety. We are offering brief building tours Tuesday the 18th to Wednesday the 20th starting at 3:00pm. Please watch for a google form that will allow you to sign up for a time. Space will be limited and is intended for students coming in person who are new to our building. Teachers will also be offering online meetings for parents and students on Friday the 21st so you can feel comfortable with their individual plans.
- Chromebook check out:
- Chromebooks will be checked out to all students Tuesday the 18th to Thursday the 20th. You will be receiving an email in the coming week with a form to complete to sign up for times.
I cannot express enough how proud we are to be a part of the Churchill community. We care strongly for our students and families. Please take a moment now to complete the distant learning/in person survey link above.