If you need assistance paying your utility bills you may contact one of the following or go to 211utah.org for additional resources:
- HEAT (Home Energy Assistance Target) 801-521-6107
- Dominion Energy 800-323-5517
- Rocky Mountain Power 888-221-7070
Department of Workforce Services launches online workshop for workers laid off during pandemic
The workshops can be accessed from jobs.utah.gov/covid19. They will be available every day during the workweek from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. through at least April 10.
If you miss school contact your teachers for missing work.
Contact your counselor for information and questions about your PTG (Progress toward Graduation)
Counselors and Social Workers will be available in person, on the phone, or FaceTime. Call or email to set-up an appointment.
Check-out this presentation on College and Career Readiness
Utah College and Career Readiness Parent Toolkit
This toolkit will provide resources and tools to help you and your child navigate and plan from kindergarten through high school to be college and career ready.
April 16 from 11:00 – 2:00 @ Millcreek City Hall
April 22, 2020 from 2:00 – 6:00 at Granger High School
FAFSA Walk-Through Video: Watch this video from UHEAA & UtahFutures to see a FAFSA example
Contact SLCC Advisor Kelsey Morales at https://go.oncehub.com/kelseymorales to schedule a Google Meeting to get personalized help to complete your FAFSA. You can also contact Kelsey if you have questions about your next steps after applying to SLCC.
Regents’ Scholarship. The Regents’ Scholarship encourages Utah high school students to prepare for college.
Utah Promise Scholarship
This website will have the GEF Scholarships including one for young parents.
Additional Scholarship Information:
Dream It Be It Scholarship
Life Launch Centers Scholarships
Award Amount: $1,000
Deadline: Extended to April 15
- 30-90 second video on the following question:
- IN WHAT PART OF MY LIFE DOES ANXIETY HOLD ME BACK AND WHY?
- It doesn’t need to be technical, just creative! (We love your face, but want more than just you talking to the camera.)
BYU Management Society
Amounts from $1,000 to $3,000
Deadline: midnight, April 26, 2020
LifeLine for Youth 2020 Scholarship Opportunities
Application due: March 31, 2020
Award Amount: Up to $1,000
- This scholarship is open to any high school senior or college student who is a legal resident of the United States.
- Scholarship will only be paid to winner who is living in the United States
- If you are a college student, you must be enrolled beginning no later than the upcoming Fall semester
- This is NOT a financial need based scholarship
- Relatives or employees of LifeLine for Youth may not enter
- Home-schooled students may apply as long as their curriculum and course of study is equivalent to a Utah high school senior
- Applicants are required to submit a video on YouTube (click the “Make a Video” button or scroll down for details)
- Must include a link to LifeLine’s website in your video description: https://lifelineutah.com/ and the hashtag: #LifeLineUtahScholarship.
- Applicants MUST “like” LifeLine for Youth’s Facebook page to be considered. Failure to “like” our Facebook page will result in automatic disqualification.
UHEAA’s 8 – 11th Grade Scholarship
The Utah Higher Education Assistance Authority (UHEAA) is proud to announce its third annual 8th-11th grade Plan Ahead for College Costs Scholarship (formerly known as “StepUp to College Costs Scholarship”). The goal of this contest is to help middle school and high school students become familiar with the scholarship application process earlier in their school career and proactively understand and prepare for their future college costs:
- Application opens March 1, 2020
- Application deadline is April 15, 2020 at 11:59pm
- UHEAA will award 4 scholarships total – one winner from each grade level (the 8th and 9th grade contest winners will each receive a $500 scholarship and the 10th and 11th grade contest winners will each receive a $750 scholarship).
- Winners will be notified on May 1, 2020
- Full contest details are outlined in the attached flyer
UHEAA is facilitating its scholarship application through Complete Scholarships. Complete Scholarships is a free web tool designed and operated by UHEAA that helps Utah students find and apply for an ever-growing list of relevant state and local scholarships. Page 2 of the attached packet contains instructions for creating a free Complete Scholarships account.
2020 Youth Activist Scholarship Program.
This year they are offering at least four scholarships of $3,500 each.
A committee of educators and community leaders will select the winners based upon the merit of the students’ activism and community involvement.
Sally Mae Scholarship Contest
Applications must may be mailed as instructed and must be postmarked no later than April 3, 2020.
The PB&J Scholarship is focused on helping students whose test scores or GPA’s might not be the best. These students may have experienced challenges in their life that may not have allowed them to reflect well academically but have the drive to succeed.
Priority deadline is December 16, 2019. Applicants who apply before this date will be considered for an award of $500. The deadline for the main scholarship of $1,000 is May 31st.
- Open to all college-bound seniors at Granite Connection High School
- will be attending an accredited 2-Year or 4-year college in fall 2020