This toolkit will provide resources and tools to help you and your child navigate and plan from kindergarten through high school to be college and career ready.
Regents’ Scholarship. The Regents’ Scholarship encourages Utah high school students to prepare for college.
Click on the following links for information about scholarships.
2018 UAEOP Judy Anderson Student Scholarship
Deadline: January 31, 2019
This scholarship opportunity is for students who may be interested in pursuing a buisness-related career or vocation.
More information can be found on the following website: https://uaeop.weebly.com/student-scholarship.html
The Recovery Village Health Care Scholarship
A $1,000 award will be given to a student pursuing a health-related degree program. Areas of study that will be considered include, but are not limited to, counseling, social work, emergency medicine, pre-med, nursing, psychology (with a focus on addiction counseling or a substance-abuse related field).
Applicants must submit an essay no more than 500 words describing why they are passionate about health care, with a focus on substance abuse and mental health. Essays can draw from personal or professional experience.
Deadline: June 30, 2019
2018/2019 SLCC Teacher Recruitment Scholarship for Diverse Students (TRS Scholarship)
- Go to this website – www.slcc.edu/scholarships
- Click on Incoming Freshman Scholarships
- Click on Teacher Recruitment to get more information.
How to Apply:
Visit our online scholarship application site.
- Click “Sign in with Your School Account”.
- Use your MySLCC username and password to sign in.
- Complete and submit the General Application.
- Complete any follow-up items listed on the Dashboard.
- Check your BruinMail and visit the scholarship application site for updates on the status of your scholarships.
Susan W. Coda Memorial Scholarship
The Susan W. Coda Memorial Scholarship Fund, established in 1988, provides a one-time merit-based scholarship to an exceptional Utah woman attending a college or university outside the state of Utah. The recipient must be a citizen or legal permanent resident of the U.S. or Canada, a Utah resident at the time of application, and have attended high school or college in Utah. Each year, a scholarship award is funded entirely by the available earned interest. The fund is maintained by the P.E.O. Foundation and administered by the Susan W. Coda Memorial Scholarship Committee. Applications are distributed to Utah high schools annually in November and are due no later than March 1 to be considered. Please email email@example.com for the address to which applications should be mailed.
The Utah Independent Agents (UIA) Scholarship
- Click Here for the Scholarship Link
- Deadline: April 1, 2019
- The Utah Independent Agents (UIA) is offering a minimum of three scholarships ranging from $500 to $2000 in 2019 to Utah high school seniors who have maintained at least a 3.0 GPA and are active in extra-curricular activities through their school, church, community or work. In 2018 UIA awarded thirteen scholarships.
- Financial need by applicants will be considered. The student must return the financial information form along with the application. All information disclosed will be kept confidential.
- A transcript of the student’s grades must be received by the deadline given below. If it is school policy to mail transcripts separately, it is the applicant’s responsibility to see that these transcripts are received at the UIA office. Applications without transcripts of grades will not be considered. In addition, a recent photo should be included with the application. This photo will not be returned to the applicant. It may be used for news releases or for publicity articles should your student receive a scholarship.
- Applications (including transcripts) must be received or postmarked no later than April 1, 2019 at the office of the Utah Independent Agents, 4885 South 900 East, Suite 302, Salt Lake City, Utah 84117. Please feel free to contact us with any questions at (801) 269-1200.
- If selected, in-person interviews will be held. The date will be determined later.
A site with information about paying for college.