Community Councils play a very significant role in improving student achievement in each local school. This year our school received $62,584.00 to help support our schools academic learning goals and it is Community Council’s charge to align the spending with those plans. They will make those decisions based on assessment data and identified needs.
Thank you to the Cottonwood Community Council for working together to support our students learning at the highest levels.
Community members are invited to attend council meetings, but do not hold influence over council discussion points or decisions. If you have a concern for your Community Council, please reach out before-hand to one of the council members.
When: First Tuesday each month, 7:30 am
Where: School Conference Room
- 01 Sept 2020
- 03 Nov 2020
- 01 Dec 2020
- 02 Feb 2021
- 09 Mar 2021
- 06 Apr 2021
- 04 May 2021
Council Members are chosen by election and are a mixture of school staff and community members.
***Note: Click on SCC Members names to email them.
If you would like to serve on the Community Council, either come into the office or call and we can get you the form to fill out. Also, Community Council meetings are open to the public so you are more than welcome to come to the meeting.
Serving on the Community Council allows parents to directly influence the way LAND Trust funds are used during the school year. Being a Community Council member also lets parents have more input and voice in what is going on here at Truman and what needs to be done/can be done to improve what we are doing so as to meet the needs of our students.
LAND Trust is a school funding program that provides discretionary funds for academic and student success. For more information about this program, visit the LAND Trust Program website.
Funding History and Their Use
The actual, current, and expected funding history for each school can be found online using the LAND Trust Funding Report.
- 2020-2021: $62,584.00 – These funds were used for a half time teacher salary to lower class sizes, pay for paraeducators to increase student literacy, pay for substitute teachers so educators can meet in MTSS and PLC groups to discuss intervention and data for students, and pay a stipend for before and after school tutoring for students.
- 2019-2020: $ – These funds were used for…
- 2018-2019: $59,838.00 – These funds were used for a half time teacher salary to lower class sizes, pay for paraeducators to increase student literacy, pay for substitute teachers so educators can meet in PLC groups to discuss intervention and data for students, and to purchase technology for students use.
- 2017-2018: $ 47,626.00– These funds were used for purchasing chromebooks for student use, salaries for paraprofessionals and stipends for teachers to tutor after school.
This is a record of all available Community Council minutes from the past three school years to the present.
October Meeting Cancelled
January Meeting Cancelled
- 2018/2019 Land and Trust Report
- September 2018 Minutes
- November 2018 Minutes
- January 2019 Minutes
- March 2019 Minutes
- April 2019 Minutes
- May 2019 Minutes