Instructions for Fee Waivers
If it becomes necessary to apply for a Fee Waiver this year, you will need to follow the following directions:
- Fee Waiver Application – English
- Fee Waiver Application – Spanish
- Applications must be filled out every year.
- Fee Waivers and Free/Reduced Lunch Applications are NOT the same application. Lunch Applications are to be picked up at Cyprus High School’s front office.
- A parent or guardian must apply for a fee waiver within thirty (30) days after the first day of school or within 30 days from the date of enrollment.
- Complete the front of the Fee Waiver Application
- Name of student
- Student number
- Complete address/date/signature
- Complete the back of the Fee Waiver Application
- List all members of the household who receive any income from any source.
- Bring copies of your last Income Tax Return (2011) and three (3) paycheck stubs from each working person in the household.
- In place of income verification, you may attach supporting documentations to the Fee Waiver Application for the following special categories:
For AFDC (financial assistance or food stamps), attach a letter of decision covering the current period from Workforce Services. This letter must have the student’s name listed for whom you are requesting a fee waiver.
For SSI, attach the benefit verification letter from Social Security.
For State Custody or Foster Care, provide the “Youth in Custody” intake form and/or “School Enrollment Letter” provided by the case worker from CDFS or Juvenile Justice Department.
- Meet with a school administrator to determine fee waiver eligibility (must be within thirty (30) days after your student has entered school. Fee waivers cannot be granted retroactively. Administrators will be available to meet with you to determine your eligibility beginning July 9th through August 17th. Please call for an appointment (385-646-5300).
- After the fee waiver is processed, you will receive an official letter of your fee waiver status.Keep this copy for your records.
- School fees must be paid or waived before student activity cards will be issued.
New Student Registration
New students cannot use mail-in registration. They and their parents must meet with an administrator in order to enroll at Cyprus High School. They will need to bring the following information in order to register:
- Birth certificate
- Proof of address
- Proof of immunization
- Transcripts from previous school attended
- Fee waiver documentation (if applying for a fee waiver).
They will then meet with a counselor to build a schedule.