Hey Parents – Did you know you can send and receive messages in both Gradebook AND Canvas?
The e-mail you registered in the Granite Portal gets added to both Gradebook and Canvas. Lets look at them both right now.
- Go to the Granite Gradebook and log in with your username and password.
- Or, log in to the Portal and click on Gradebook.
- At the bottom left click on Miscellaneous.
- On the right – Make sure your e-mail address is correct.
- You may also select some boxes at the bottom to be notified of specifics such as absences and missing work.
- Do NOT change your password here. (Do that in the Portal)
- To e-mail a teacher. Click on Assignments. Under the teacher’s name is an e-mail icon. Click and type up your message.
- Go to Canvas (link is above) and log in with your username and password.
- Or, log in to the Portal and click on Canvas
- Click on Account at the top left and choose “Settings.”
- On the right side click on add “+ Contact Method“
- Add a contact method that you CHECK.
- Add your cell phone to receive a text message also. (Follow the prompts)
- After your contact methods are added click on “Notifications” at the top left.
- On the left are the types of things you can be notified about. Most important are Announcements
- Your contact methods (e-mail or texts) are listed on the right. MouseOver the options and decide if you want a text (or e-mail) Right away, Daily, Weekly, or Never. (I suggest a text and an e-mail – The texts are NOT detailed enough.)
…While you’re in Canvas….
- Click on “Calendar” to see your students calendar items. Keep in mind this is for all your students in all their classes. So there might be a lot in there. Clicking on an assignment take you to that assignment. Parents cannot submit but the can see the assignment.
- Click on “Inbox”
View any messages you may have.
Click on the Edit Tool (pencil/paper) at the top in the middle.
Chose the course you wish to send a message to.
In the to box on the right. Click the person icon and select one. I assume “Teachers” then the name.
Subject and type your message. You could also send an audio or video message if you wanted to or attach files.
- Teachers CAN do this exact same thing. BUT they see and can send to ALL the students and observers.