A strong public school is vital to a thriving community. Help us change the life of a child in your community by becoming a community partner of Howard R. Driggs Elementary school. Driggs is #1 in SAGE in the Granite School District and one of the top 25 schools in the state of Utah, and we are just getting started. With your support, in collaboration with the Granite Education Foundation, we can continue to improve to become one of the best little public schools in America! Read below to learn about the different areas where you can donate. Every donation for STEM and Technology will be matched dollar for dollar by an anonymous donor!
We are improving our S.T.E.M. club with more advanced supplies and activities. We want more students to be able to participate in the fun hands on learning of Science, Technology, Engineering and Math. Utah is becoming known for its innovative pool of talent with the huge spike of software companies opening up on Silicon Slope. Our little Dragons will be the future owners and computer programmers of tomorrow. Help us get the ready for fantastic careers in S.T.E.M.
» Donate to STEM «
This is a district program offered at our school. Your donation will help with supplies to give students the opportunity to access art in a new way.
» Donate to Drama «
We are so grateful to have the Beverly Taylor Sorenson Art Grant at Driggs. This grant pays for 80% of our Music teacher’s salary. Mrs. Herd is a licensed music teacher with an expertise in music education. Driggs splits the cost of the remaining 20% of her salary with another Granite School District elementary school. In addition to her salary and the cost of needed instruments, there is an interest in a Driggs music club that would take place before or after school. This would allow students who would like more experiences through music to have more time with Mrs. Herd before or after school.
» Donate to Music «
Visual Arts Program
Driggs has a thriving visual arts program that is headed up by Koko Weems. She is a para professional who works part time at Driggs designing art lessons and facilitating art moms who help teach lessons from the curriculum through art. Student art can be seen throughout Driggs and the students are exposed to painting, ceramics and many more genres. We raise money through art night but with your help we can improve the lessons and the quality of the art supplies. Supplies are the biggest expense of the art program at Driggs.
» Donate to Visual Arts «
Technology for Every Student Program
We are working to have a Chromebook for every student in the building. Driggs has 640 students K-6. Students need access to Chromebooks (affordable laptops) to work on writing projects, access school provided software for math (ST Math, Brain POP) and science, take spelling quizzes and tests. Students who can take end of year tests in the familiar settings of their classroom as opposed to marching down to the computer lab have less anxiety and perform better on tests. We have made huge progress in reaching this goal over the past two years. We are roughly $75,000 away from getting a Chromebook cart in every classroom.
» Donate to Technology for Every Student «