Dear Parents and Students,
I hope you are having a wonderful summer break and have been reading at least five books. We are excited to hear of the adventures you have read and look forward to a successful school year.
This year, we are excited to have a “Back to School Morning” for first through sixth grades on Wednesday, August 21st. Students and parents will visit classrooms for a short presentation regarding the 2013-2014 school year. There will be three sessions for you to meet your teacher. Please refer to the schedule below:
- 8:30-8:45: All to meet in the gym. We will have a short introduction of staff members.
- 8:55-9:20: Session One.
- 9:25-9:50: Session Two.
- 9:55-10:20: Session Three.
Students will stay with their parents during their classroom presentations. Elementary school age children may go outside and play on the playground after they have visited with their teacher. There will be added playground supervision for our elementary school students provided by the P.T.A. and staff members. All students will line up at the appropriate grade level door and be let in to the classroom at 10:25.
- Kindergarten students will be meeting with their teachers for one on one testing and will have an opportunity to become familiar with their classrooms during their appointment. Testing will begin August 21-27. Teachers will send or call home regarding student appointment time and date. Kindergarten officially begins August 28, 2013.
- Class list will be posted on the front doors of the school on August 12th. The 2013-2014 school year begins Wednesday, August 21st at 8:35 a.m. For those eating breakfast at the school, it will be served at 8:10 a.m. on August 21st.
- For those currently not registered in the Granite School District or for new kindergarten students that have not yet registered; registration will begin August 1st in the front office from 9:30-2:00 pm.
- We want to keep all students and patrons safe. A safe walking route map and drop off zone map will be enclosed in the first day packet. Please be respectful of the safety patrol and staff members on parking/drop off zone duties. Please obey the drop off zone rules.
- Your child will receive a first day packet on August 21st with important information regarding school rules, procedures, schedules etc. Please go over these items with your child and send back documents that need to be signed by August 27th.
- We are committed to student safety and academic success. Thank you for your continue support.
Jon B. Adams, Principal
Elk Run Elementary School