March 20, 2014
Dear Parents and Students,
It is already spring and nearing the end of a successful third year at Elk Run Elementary School. Thank you for your support and many hours of volunteering at our school. It is more successful because of your contributions. I would like to give you an opportunity to donate snacks to be used for the upcoming SAGE tests which will occur March 24-May 30, 2014. The snacks will be given to third through sixth grade students taking the SAGE test during their breaks. Please respond to your child’s teacher by March 27, 2014 if you are able to donate.
Also, I would like to ask your assistance in helping your child be successful on the test.
- Please make sure students are on time and attend school; especially during our testing window. March 24-May 30, 2014.
- Students should come to school with plenty of rest and a balanced breakfast.
- Talk with your child about the importance of trying their best and help them review important concepts they have/will be taught.
- Read with your child daily. Have her/him summarize what is read.
- Help your child master multiplication, addition and subtraction facts.
- Continue to aid in homework.
- Discuss the importance of your child doing his/her best on the test. Discuss that your child needs to take their time and not rush through the test just to finish.
- Log on to www.time4learning.com/testprep/index…/utah-standarized-test pre/ for more ideas to help your child.
As a united team, we will continue to see growth in the individual student.
Jon B. Adams, Principal