Granger High School students are expected to dress in a clean, neat manner that will not take attention away from the learning process. While we want our students to be comfortable, confident, and able to express themselves, there are certain guidelines all students are expected to follow:
1. Appearance should not disrupt classroom activity or bring undue attention to the student.
2. Students must wear shoes or sandals at all times.
3. The following clothing is not acceptable: sagging, short shorts or short skirts, belly shirts, low-cut shirts (showing cleavage), spaghetti straps, or any other clothing that would make another student, faculty or staff member feel uncomfortable.
4. Standards of propriety and decency dictate that outer clothing should not reveal underclothing.
5. Slogans or advertisements, which by their very nature are controversial or obscene, are not allowed.
6. Clothing which depicts, through words or images, disrespect toward any race, culture, religion or gender will not be allowed.
7. No clothing depicting criminal activity, violence, weapons, drugs, alcohol or tobacco will be allowed.
8. No gang-related attire. This may include, but is not limited to, the following items as indicated by Utah law enforcement agencies:
- Headwear – No hear gear is allowed at Granger High. This includes but not limited to hats, bandanas, dew rags, hoodies, etc. The only exception is hats with Granger logos.
- A parent must come in to the office to pick up their student’s hat if it is confiscated.
9. No overcoats, sunglasses, hoods, or clothing that disguises identity or carried items may be worn.
10. Monikers – no nicknames or gang names on clothing will be allowed.
11. No Chains or spikes on clothing.
12. Holes in pants, shorts, or skirts that are located above the finger tips are prohibited.
If student is not wearing proper clothing, the student will be issued clothing from the front office or suspended until appropriate clothing is acquired. * The Granger High School Administration reserves the right to make the final determination if an item of clothing is inappropriate for the school.