At Granite Park we want to make sure our students start the year off right. This coming year will be unlike any other and we recognize that our students and parents have many questions relating to the beginning of the school year. Hopefully, this letter will help clarify any questions you have.
We are lucky to have a schedule the first week of school that will allow us to provide all our 6th and 7th grade students with an orientation day. This is a late change, so I apologize for the late notice. Our schedule for next week will be as follows:
- August 24th – 6th grade students only (7th and 8th graders stay home)
- August 25th – 7th grade students only (6th and 8th grader stay home)
- August 26th – All Granite Park Students attend school
- We will follow our normal bell schedule, 7:50 am – 2:45 pm each day.
I also wanted to remind parents and students the following information to help prepare for next week:
- All students can come to Granite Park to pick up their schedules on August 21st. Students who have opted for distance learning can also come to the school on this day to pick up a Chromebook and other supplies (face-to-face students will receive a Chromebook the first week of school). Please follow the schedule provided.
6th Grade: 8:30 am – 10:00 am
7th grade: 10:00 am – 11:30 am
8th grade: 11:30 am – 1:00 pm
- If your student has not registered, is not attending Granite Park, or would like to sign up for distance learning, please come to the school so we can help. Our building will be open everyday from 7:00 am – 3:00 pm.
- All of our students this year will need to use Canvas which is an online learning tool where students can access information and assignments from all their classes. The link provided will help parents and students learn how to manage Canvas: https://www.graniteschools.org/edtech/canvas/
- Student can access Canvas using the student portal: https://portal.graniteschools.org.
- Students sign in using their Granite username and password.
- Username: For students, the username is the student ID number, which begins with the number 9
- Password: the student’s unique password that they use for Portal, computer login, etc.
Please contact us if you have any questions; we are here to help. We look forward to the new year.