Dear Granite Park Parents and Students,
Did you know these things about Granite Park?
- We are the only AVID National Demonstration site in the state of Utah. AVID is a program designed to help all students prepare to be successful in college.
- Granite Park added 6th grade to our school this year. We also hired several new teachers to help meet the needs of our 6th grade students.
- We have a community food pantry that is open during school hours. Students can stop by the pantry at the end of school each day if needed.
- Each student at Granite Park receives the following items to help them be successful in school. All of these items need to be brought to school every day: a new binder, a student planner, a water bottle, headphones, a Chromebook and charger and supplies. Parents please make sure your students are coming to school prepared!
- At Granite Park, we have an after-school program that offers students a variety of academic supports and activities designed specifically for our students. This program begins after school on 9/14/2020. Students can pick up an application in the main office or counseling center if they wish to attend.
- Granite Park distance learning students can pick up lunch at the school Monday through Thursday from 12:30 pm – 1:00 pm on the east side of the building. All students (face-to-face and distance learners) can pick up lunch on Fridays from 11:00 am – 11:30 am on the east side of the building.
Here are some upcoming dates to remember.
- Parent Teacher Conferences will be on September 22nd and September 23rd. Conference hours will be from 4:00 pm – 7:00 pm each day. This year all conference meetings will occur via a phone call. Parents can sign up for a time to speak with their student’s teachers by using the Online Scheduler Tool found on our website. Parents can schedule times to meet with teachers anytime from September 14th to September 21st. If you would like to meet with a teacher in person or using a digital platform like Google Meet, please contact the teacher to arrange a time to meet.
- Each Friday is a Distance Learning day for all students. Please be aware all students should be working on assignments on these days using Canvas. Two additional Distance Learning days have been added to school calendar, September 24th and October 20th. Students will not attend school face-to-face on these days and all students will work on their assignments using Canvas.
Please make note of some district and school resources we have available.
- Granite School District has several resources available for families. Here is a link to our Family Engagement Website: https://sites.google.com/d/1lVTKWlE4CMUj7z_shpxAh7vnrSqDSfQQ/p/1eZ-zVWt8Lnww-pvHBxJr1ty7C1WhaB2f/edit
- Here are two resources available for students to use to help keep our schools safe. The SafeUT app allows students to submit anonymous tips relating to issues occurring in schools. The link provided can also be used to report cyber-bullying issues and inappropriate messages coming from anonymous social media accounts: https://www.graniteschools.org/blog/2020/09/09/reporting-abusive-social-media-accounts/
Thank you for keeping your student home is they are sick. This step will help ensure that all students and staff members stay healthy.
Please feel free to contact us with any questions or concerns you have. We love our students and enjoy with them on a daily basis.
Granite Park Jr. High