PRINCIPAL’S WEEKLY MESSAGE
Dear Parents and Students,
Thank you parents for your patience with parent teacher conferences last week. Although, phone calls are not ideal, we do appreciate the time you spent discussing the successes and needs of your students. As we near the end of the 1st term, please take some time to review your student’s grades and check to see if you they have any missing assignments. You can access this information on Gradebook; a link can be found on our website and in your portal.
If you have questions or concerns, please reach out to your student’s teachers so they can help
Please be aware of the upcoming school calendar dates for the last week of our 1st term:
- 10/19 Regular Day (students attend school)
- 10/20 Distance Learning Day
- 10/21-10/23 No School/Teacher Prep Days
Our school continues to develop ways to help students and parents manage Canvas successfully. Please refer to our school website for supports. You can also access our district technology support site for more information. Here are some other Canvas related trainings. If you need one-on-one assistance, please contact the school and we will set up a time for you to come in and get assistance, 385-646-5174.
Free Breakfast and Lunch
All Granite Park students have access to a free breakfast and lunch. Please encourage your students to take advantage of this opportunity each day.
Cottonwood High School Bantam Basketball Tryouts Schedule
*Masks will be required for ALL, except when players are actively participating in tryout activities.
5:30-6:00 PM Girls Registration/Check-In Main Gym
6:00-7:15 Girls Tryouts 6:45-7:15 Boys Registration/Check-In at Main Gym
7:15-7:30 Combined Girls/Boys Parent Meeting
Please register at: http://www.cottonwoodhoops.com/
We have several volunteers and teachers that have agreed to serve on the Community Council this year.
Granite Park will be meeting on Tuesday, October 13, 2:30 pm, in the Granite Park Library. All patrons are welcome to attend.
Title 1 Information
Your input is valued. As parents of students at a Title I school, you have the opportunity to provide your suggestions and feedback that will shape our district’s parent engagement policy. Granite School District’s current parent engagement policy can be found here: https://www.graniteschools.org/organizationaleffectiveness/title-one/
Here is a brief survey that allows you to share your input on parent engagement at Granite Park: https://forms.gle/pbxcynHfnjodLuvHA
In addition to providing your input, you are also invited to ask questions to be addressed in our district’s upcoming Annual Title I Parent Meeting. Please mark your calendars–this meeting will be online on Thursday October 8, 2020 at 4:00 PM. The meeting can be accessed at the website listed above.
Granite Park will be having out Annual Title 1 Parent Meeting in conjunction with our Community Council Meeting on Tuesday, October 13, 2020. All patrons are welcome to attend
One final component of Title 1 that I want to share with stakeholders is our annual Title 1 Parent Notification Document. Please review the attached document:
COVID Reminder & Protocols
We are working hard to keep the students and staff safe here at Granite Park. Please help us by following the protocols provided:
- If your student is not feeling well, they need to stay home, no exceptions. Our teachers will work with them to make sure students stay caught up.
- If someone in your household gets tested, please wait until the results come back negative before allowing the student or siblings to return to school.
- When a student is exposed to someone who has tested positive, they are required to quarantine for 14 days from the positive test.
- If a student at school tests positive, the Salt Lake County Health Department will work with the person infected and the school to determine who needs to be quarantined. The identity of that student will remain confidential.
- Continue to wash hands and make wise decisions outside of the school environment.
- As parents, please carefully consider what activities you are promoting and encouraging your students to attend.
Have a wonderful weekend and please don’t hesitate to call us if you have questions or concerns. It is a pleasure to work with your students.