Parents, our school is committed to helping our families. Here are some resources we have available for parents and students:
- Daily Announcements – Each day, Granite Park shows students and staff daily announcements relating to school policies, celebrations, and other information. These announcements can be found on our school YouTube Channel (https://youtu.be/GhXMCBpPgMQ) and on our website. Please feel free to review these clips that are created by students; they are amazing.
- Food Pantry – we have a food pantry available for all students and parents. The pantry is open each school day from 8:00 am – 3:00 pm. If you need food, hygiene supplies or clothes, please come by the school and access our pantry.
- Parent Center – we also have a Parent Center that is designed to provide parents with a wide variety of resources and learning opportunities. Our Parent Center is open during school hours and you can also contact our coordinator, Heidi Lind (email@example.com) who can help answer any questions you have.
- School Website – our website continues to evolve. We have links to information and other tools needed for students and parents to be successful. Please access our website for help and contact information of people that can help.
Parent and Student Reminders
Granite Park is committed to providing students with an engaging learning atmosphere free from distractions. As a result, we need parent support in reminding students of the following policies:
- Cell phones are not allowed at school for any reason. This policy is in effect, 7:50 am to 2:45 pm every day If a cell phone is seen (this includes hanging out of pockets), heard, or used during school, the phone will be confiscated. Parents will be required to pick up the phone in the front office.
- Hats and Hoods are not allowed in school. Please review with your students the importance of not wearing these items in school. As we all know, students are required to wear mask and when students also where hats and/or hoods, we are unable to identify students. Students who receive a PBIS incentive hat will be able to wear their Granite Park, Granger and Cottonwood hats during school.
- Please remind your students to bring a water bottle to school each day. We only have access to water refilling stations and drinking fountains are not operational as we adjust to COVID mitigation requirements.
End of the Term School Calendar
10/19 Regular school day for face-to-face learner
10/20 Distance Learning Day for all students
10/21-10/23 No School/Teacher Prep Days
10/26 Start of Term 2
Beginning 2nd term all teachers will have a set time each Friday for students and parents to meet digitally with teachers and answer questions relating to assignments/assessments. Information relating to teachers’ reserved time and how to access the digital meeting tool can be found on each teachers’ Canvas Homepage.
If you would like your student to switch learning modalities, please contact the school so we can discuss the requested change and provide any supports you need.
School Community Council
Granite Park held its first Community Council meeting of the year last week. Please refer to our school website for information relating to our meeting schedule, members, agendas, meeting minutes and spend plans. Your feedback is appreciated. We will continue to have our Community Council meetings the second Tuesday of each month.
Please feel free to contact me with any questions you may have. I look forward to working with you and your student(s) this year
Chris Griffiths Principal
Granite Park Jr. High