If your family lives in a shelter, motel, car, or is doubled up with other people, etc,. your school-age children may qualify for certain rights and protections under the federal McKinney-Vento Act.
Please fill out the McKinney-Vento form, print, and bring it into the school.
- McKinney-Vent Request Forms (on district website, opens in new tab)
District Media Policy
Photographs, Video, and Other Footage
Schools take photographs, video, and other footage of individual students in the course of the school year for yearbooks, academic programs, and for other school-related purposes. Additionally, schools take photographs, video, and other footage of students and staff indiscriminately during school activities and events, which are generally open to the general public (e.g. sporting events, concerts, school plays). Schools reserve the right to take, maintain, and use such photographs, video, and other footage for school purposes, including to preserve a historical record. In rare instance, schools may also provide access to local media outlets for video or photographs related to a news story (this does not include media interviews wherein explicit parental/guardian permission is required and will be obtained).
Parents may “opt out” of allowing schools to use photographs, video, or other footage of their students and sharing student information that is considered “directory information” by submitting a written request to the school principal. This opt out must be completed annually in writing (email is permissible). Opting out may not apply to instances in which a student ’s likeness is captured during an event or activity that is generally open to the public.
If you choose to opt out, your student may be excluded from the following school documents or publications:
- The Student Directory (if your school publishes a student directory)
- The school yearbook, class, or individual photos (if you opt your student out, we are not allowed to take their photo for any purpose)
- Honor roll and other recognition lists
- Musical and theatrical, choir and drill programs
- Sports rosters
- Video or photographs that may be used on school or district websites or social media outlets
- Video or photographs taken by local news media at special school events (this does not include events open to the public)