Upcoming March Workshops and Events
03/05/2019- Davis Transition Fair – Layton
03/05/2019- Transitioning to Middle/High School Workshop – Sandy
03/11/2019- Transition to Adult Life Workshop – Price
03/12/2019- Vocational Rehabilitation and DSPD – Salt Lake City
03/13/2019- Employment and Disability: Your Rights – Salt Lake City
03/19/2019- Basic and Pro Se Guardianship Class – Vernal
03/19/2019- Parents as Partners in the IEP Process – Sandy
03/26/2019- Health Bodies – Maturation for Parents of Girls – Sandy
Other March Events
Wednesday, March 13, 6:00-8:00 PM – Utah Parent Center
Employment and Disability: Know your Rights – Learn what a reasonable accommodation is and how to ask for it, how working might impact your Social Security benefits, and how to protect and empower yourself in the workplace. Here is a FLYER for the event. Click here to register
Wednesday, March 20 at Goldman Sachs – Downtown SLC
Transition Mentoring Event – Introduces students and job seekers with disabilities to workplaces where they can learn about various career opportunities. First come, first serve. Space is limited. Application Deadline – March 6, 2019. Click HERE for registration.
March 18 – 29
Free 2 Week Web Course: Understanding Social Security Disability Benefits
This two-week web course will provide you with an introduction to Social Security disability benefits and associated work incentives, as well as an overview of the field of work incentives planning. Date(s): March 18 – 29, 2019
During this training you will learn about:
- The Social Security disability benefits and associated healthcare programs (Medicare and Medicaid);
- The impact of employment on Social Security disability benefits and associated healthcare programs;
- How Social Security applies work incentives to ease the transition from dependence on public benefits to greater financial independence;
- The importance of work incentives planning and assistance in promoting employment and enhancing financial stability for Social Security disability beneficiaries; and
- The mission and goals of the WIPA program, the WIPA service model and beneficiary priorities, and strategies for working collaboratively with local WIPA projects.
Caregiver Fitness Opportunity
Has your general wellness and fitness been put on the “back burner” as you have been caring for an individual with special needs? Life is 4 Fun is a fitness program addressing exercise and general wellness for caregivers of special needs individuals. This program is for those new to exercise and for those who have been involved in fitness. Life is 4 Fun adds the connection with other families with similar challenges.
Address: Crossfit Spearhead: 4540 South Highland Drive, Salt Lake City 7pm. Come 15 minutes early. Weekly workouts for Special Needs Caregivers are $5 per workout.
For more information you can call Coach Helene at 801-694-2741 or visit http://www.lifeis4funutah.com/