We just celebrated our 100th Day of School on January 29th! It was an exciting day! We’ve finished up two quarters and are heading in to the last half of the year. We are looking forward to seeing each of you at SEP Conferences on February 12 & 13 to set goals to finish the year strong. Be sure to make an appointment with your child’s teacher!
We are always thinking about how we can help your children achieve academically—to learn all that they can about science, technology, math, and reading. But, we are also very aware of the mental and emotional health of each of our students. Mindfulness is a skill that must be learned and practiced every day. Here are a few things we talk about to help students build healthy habits:
- Notice your emotions – when you are beginning to feel upset, sad, angry, or scared, take a break.
- Take deep breaths to help calm high emotions.
- Talk to a friend or a teacher if there are things that seem too big to take care of on your own.
- Set goals to do great things but remember to take it one step at a time.
- Smile! Sometimes that little trick can change a bad day into a good one!
Talk to your child about these habits and help them practice them at home as well!
Here’s what’s happening at school in February:
- SEP Conferences: February 12&13
- Book Fair during SEPs—be sure to take a look while you’re at the school!
- No School: February 15&18
We love to see you at school! If you would like to volunteer, ask us how in the office!
Thank you for sending your children to Hunter Elementary!
Kayla MacKay, Principal
Heidi Draper, Assistant Principal