It was so nice to see you during SEP Conferences! Thank you for taking the time to meet with your child’s teacher. Our partnership makes all the difference for student success.
At school, we recently highlighted White Ribbon Week: The Importance of Internet Safety. The internet is a daily part of life, necessary for most of us in jobs, and a huge part of our entertainment. This is true for our students as well. Please be aware of what your child is looking at on his/her device!
Internet Safety Tips:
- Keep computers and devices in high traffic areas at home
- Establish limits for when and how long your child may visit sites
- Surf the internet WITH your child and let them show you what they like to do online
- Monitor privacy and parental settings on your child’s device
- Continually talk with your child about internet safety
School Cell Phone Policy:
- All cell phones are to be turned in to teachers when students enter the classroom.
- Devices are kept in a locked and safe place for the entire school day.
- Cell phones are returned to students at the end of each school day.
Here’s what’s happening at school in March:
- March 1: Read Across America Day
- March 21: Irregular Early Out Day
- March 22: End of Term – NO SCHOOL!
- March 25-26: Spring Break – NO SCHOOL!
We are on the homerun stretch for the school year! 4th Quarter is right around the corner! We can hardly believe how fast the year has gone, but we are so proud of all that our students have done this year! We have the best students walking the halls of Hunter Elementary, taught by the very best teachers.
Thank you for sending your children to Hunter Elementary!
Kayla MacKay, Principal
Heidi Draper, Assistant Principal