Welcome Spring! And, welcome to 4th Quarter! We can hardly believe we are in the final lap of this school year! Your students have accomplished so much this year and we expect great things in these final two months. State testing for 3rd-6th graders begins this month. We have no doubt they will each perform so well on these tests! We know they have all the skills they need, but recognize testing can still be stressful.
Tips & Tricks for Tension-free Testing:
- Make sure your child gets a good night’s rest (8 hours is ideal!).
- Eat a good breakfast each morning.
- Include lots of veggies in after-school snacks and dinner in the evening.
- Read 20 minutes every night!
- Encourage your child do to his/her very best!
We recently sent home a reminder of our School Cell Phone Policy:
- All cell phones are to be turned in to teachers when students enter the classroom.
- Devices are kept in a locked and safe place for the entire school day.
- Cell phones are returned to students at the end of each school day.
If you haven’t already, please sign that note and send it back to school.
Coming up in April:
- April 9: Food Bank @ Hunter
- April 15: Social Media and Mental Health Assembly – 5th & 6th grades ONLY!
- April 16-17: Talent Show Auditions
- April 18: Great American Shakeout Earthquake Practice
- April 23: PTA School BBQ
- May 1: School Talent Show
We are so proud of our Hunter Knights! Thank you for sending your children to Hunter Elementary!
Kayla MacKay, Principal
Heidi Draper, Assistant Principal