Hello Hunter Families!
Here we are in the final month of this school year. It seems to have flown by! As we reflect on the year, we are amazed at how much your students have accomplished – we are so proud of them! We are also so grateful for the wonderful and dedicated teachers we have here at Hunter Elementary.
Looking back on 2018-2019:
- Boys Running Club in the Fall
- Girls Running Club in the Spring
- Choir through the year
- After School Crafts, Dance, and Coding
- 6th Grade Greek plays
- Field trips for every grade
- PTA Movie Night and STEM Night
- Spring School Talent Show
We’ve done some incredible things this year! Not the least of which is tackling Proficiency-Based Grading (PBG). Thank you for helping us take on that new way of looking at our students’ growth. We hope to be even better at it next school year.
Coming up in May:
- May 13: School Talent Show @ 6:00
- May 17: Kindy 500 @ 9:30 & 12:45
- May 22: Field Day
- May 22: Last Day of Kindergarten!
- May 23: 6th Grade Awards Ceremony @ 10:00
- May 23: Last Day of School!
It is with sadness that we say goodbye to Hunter Elementary. Both of us have been reassigned next school year and Hunter will be getting two new administrators. They are fabulous and will do great things for the school! But, we will miss our associations with the students, staff, and families here. Thank you for letting us be a part of your community! We are so proud of our Hunter Knights!
Kayla MacKay, Principal
Heidi Draper, Assistant Principal