We are in full swing with the Best Books Challenge (Battle of the Books)! Students who have parent permission can read books from the list, fill out a summary sheet, and earn buttons. Below is a link to the summary sheet.
Students who read 5 books by January 31, 2021. . .
- Are eligible to participate in the school Battle of the Books competition, with the possibility of going to the district competition.
Students who read 5 books by April 23, 2021. . .
- Will receive a bookmark and treat bag.
When a student reads ALL FIFTEEN books on his or her grade-level list by April 23, 2021 get. . .
- A “Master” Button
- A copy of City Spies by James Ponti (3rd/4th) OR Greystone Secrets #2: The Deceivers (5th/6th)
When a student reads ALL THIRTY books on BOTH LISTS by April 23, 2021 get. . .
- A “Grand Master” Button
- A copy of City Spies or The Deceivers (whichever was not received for “Master” level)
- A combo book light/bookmark
- A Best Books T-Shirt
For more information, please visit https://sites.google.com/granitesd.org/botb/home
|Best Books Challenge – Google Sites PURPOSE: Best Books rewards readers and asks them to consider books from a variety of times, genres, authors, reading levels, and purposes. Books are selected carefully to represent high-quality writing and a wide-range of character identity and perspective. The shared experience of a group of people reading the same book at one time also helps encourage discussion of literature, especially … sites.google.com|