Welcome to the Kearns High Parent Center. This page will have information for Parents on how you can help your students be more successful in their education. The purpose of the Parent Center is to improve student achievement and parent involvement by establishing a unified partnership between schools, family and community to provide: A welcoming climate, support in the implementation of the SSAP, and parent leadership through participation in school decision making committees.
Parent Involvement Is Crucial
Many parents believe they’re too busy to get involved at school. But parent involvement doesn’t have to take a lot of time. And even a little parent involvement can make a big difference.
Here are some ideas to consider:
- Tour Your Child’s School
- When your child mentions school activities, you’ll have a better understanding of what she’s talking about.
- Volunteer at School
- The school probably needs help with tasks large and small. You might help in a classroom, for example, or chaperone a school dance. You can even “volunteer” at home. Ask if there are things you can do at home to help teachers in class—finding pictures in magazines for an assignment, sorting art supplies, etc.
- Attend School Events
- Especially those involving your child. It will mean a lot to your child and the school.
- Go to Workshops Held by the School
- Or offer to help plan one on a topic that interests you.
- Keep in Touch With Teachers
- Ask them how you can help your child at home. Tell them about any big changes in your child’s life.
- Join Parent-Teacher Organizations
- parent advisory groups
Services Offered to Parents:
- Basic English classes online
- Basic computer classes
- School orientation for new parents
- Math and English Tutoring
- After School from 2:30 – 3:30 Tuesday – Thursday
Tuesday – 2:00-7:00 PM
Wednesday – 2:00-7:00 PM
Thursday – 2:00-7:00 PM
Questions/More info contact:
Parent Center Coordinator Rm 113
Network Director Rm 113
Hours: Tues – Thurs 2 pm – 7 pm