What is Gear Up?
GEAR UP is a federally funded program designed to help students prepare for and succeed in college. Schools and community partners have teamed to provide services for students and families. As part of our charge and responsibility, Granite School District is committed to supporting all students in their preparation for and success in college. Our partnership with USU STARS! will provide and enhance the following services. Kennedy will be working in our 2nd year of Gear Up, which will involve our 8th graders this year.
- Academic tutoring
- Career exploration and advising
- College campus visits
- Summer academies
- Comprehensive mentoring
- Financial aid counseling/advising
- Counseling advising and academic planning
- Educational field trips
- Support in completing college and scholarship applications
For more information, contact Stan Drasutis, the GEAR UP College Advisor at 385-646-3597 or email email@example.com
8th Grade Annual Student & Parent Surveys (2019-2020)
Thank you for your help in completing this survey! The information you give us lets us see how our program is helping the USU STARS! GEAR UP students and where we need to improve. It is also used in grant reports and to secure future funding. This survey is for 8th grade students and parents of 8th grade students only.
Click on the picture below and follow these steps to complete the Survey:
- I Am: select “Parent/Guardian”
- School: select “Kennedy Jr. High”
- Grade: select “8”
- Birthdate: enter birthdate (mm/dd/yyyy – i.e. 02/02/2005)
- Gender: select gender
- First Name: enter only the student first name
- DO NOT ENTER STUDENT ID
- DO NOT ENTER LAST NAME
- Click on “Verify” and the system will pull up a survey option box
- Click on 2019-20 USU 4 Student Survey in the option box to highlight
- Click on “Take Survey” to go to the next page and take survey
- Click on “submit survey” at the end of the survey
If you get the message “There were no matches found based on the information you entered. Please try again.” the issue is because the information you entered doesn’t match school records.
Camp Description (July 8 – 10, 2020)
High school starts this fall – are YOU ready? Transition Camp will help get you prepared to be your best self with workshops on topics designed to put you at the top of your academic game, all while you’re having the time of your life with new friends and near-peer mentors who know just what you’re facing. Develop fresh skills, meet trill friends, and uncover your own inner potential. Spend 3 days as an Aggie and create a whole new you!