It is District protocol that we check ID for any person who is picking up (or wanting access to) students who are at school. This is especially true with a new secretary who does not know you. Please remember that anyone who picks up a child from school must:
• Be over 18 years-old
• Show picture identification
• Be listed on the registration card as a person who may have access to your child
• Be listed on the card—even if you are the parent and filled out the card yourself
This precaution plus other safety and access issues at school are in place to protect our children at school. ALL visitors must:
• enter through the front door and check in at the office,
• wear a visitor’s badge if entering anywhere else in the building,
• and make appointments to visit with teachers.
*Student-aged children (up to age 18) should not be on school grounds or in the building without checking in at the office and displaying an orange visitor’s badge. Teen visitors on the grounds must be accompanied by a parent or wear the approved visitor badge. Teachers are not available for visiting with former students during their contract time.
Thank you for all you do to keep Lake Ridge a safe and happy place for children.