Welcome to Magna Elementary, home of the Bulldogs! Thank you for choosing us and trusting us with your child’s education. We know you have a lot of choices nowadays regarding where to enroll your student. Choosing a school is deeply personal, and there are countless factors at play such as the school’s location, programs offered, and overall environment.
In reflecting on what makes a school great, I believe the most important factor is the quality of the faculty and staff. You won’t find a more qualified, dedicated, and passionate staff than the amazing people who work at our school. We’ve have some incredible additions this year to our staff and we’d like to introduce them to you! We also know you’re pretty anxious to meet the most important person at the school: your child’s teacher.
Therefore, we invite you to join us on the first day of school* for a back-to-school morning!
What’s that you ask? It’s like an open house where you can explore the school and talk to all of the teachers, check out the classrooms, and ask questions about the coming year.
Back-to-School Morning Schedule
- 8:35 AM – EVERYONE gather in the front of the school.
- 8:40 AM – Opening flag ceremony, introduction of all faculty and staff members.
- 8:45 AM – First session (please disperse and enter from any door, especially the West and East doors so we can avoid the congestion of everyone trying to enter the front doors at the same time). Visitor badges are NOT required for the open house.
- 9:00 AM – Second session.
- 9:15 AM – Third Session.
- 9:00 AM to 9:45 AM – Treats in the gym for departing parents and Q&A with administration.
As you can see, we offer three session so you can meet with at least three teachers. However, feel free to leave a session early if you need to visit with more than three teachers. Your students may go with you to each session or they can go straight to their class – teachers will have activities for them to do in the classroom during the three sessions. If you are unable to attend the back-to-school morning, instruct your student to go to the front of the school for the flag ceremony. We will have extra staff on site to guide them to their classrooms.
*The first day of school for grades 1-6 is Monday, August 19th. The first day of school for Kindergarten is Thursday, August 22nd. Kindergarten parents, we will have a separate open house for you on Thursday!