School Make-up Day will be officially help on Friday, May 24th, 2019. If you have any questions regarding this information please contact the school. Thank you.
The Magna Rec Center will be having open gym starting Dec. 26 – Dec. 31st. See the flyer attached!
Need something to do over Winter break? Check out these fun activities hosted at the library!
This will take place on Monday, December 3rd. Please see attached flyer for more information.
Looking to make a change in Granite School District? Click here to voice your opinion to give Granite School District your input. The more input the district receives, the more improvements we can see for our students.
Big Smiles is hosting an in-school dental visit.To take advantage of this offer, parents can now use a new online sign up option to help students get the dental care they deserve. Taking care of your child’s teeth is important to keep them healthy.
The Dentist will be here at Matheson Jr. High on Mon Oct 29th Tues Oct 30th
- Students will need to fill out a permission slip signed by their parents and handed into the Counseling Center no later than Oct 15th
- Students can get permission slips from their 2nd pd teacher or the counseling center and our school Nurse Cescillee Rall.
- Parents can sign-up online at www.mobiledentists.com
Please take this opportunity to sign up online at www.mobiledentists.com to ensure your child can be seen by the in-school dentist this school year.
If you have any questions please contact the Counseling Center at 385-646-5294
Parking Lot Safety – Drop Off and Pick Up
- Please adhere to the following diagram for dropping off your children in the mornings and picking them up in the afternoon. Do not drop off on the side of the street on Montclair St., doing so creates a hazard for your child, as well as, other vehicles. It also slows down the drop off process.
- Do not drop your child off in the parking lot or the bus zone. The parking lot is reserved for staff and parents who need to enter the school. It would seem as a faster procedure, however, we have had several accidents in the last couple of years as a result. It also places your child in danger because they must walk in front of all of the traffic in the drop off zone.
- Drop your child off in the right lane only next to the curb. Do not drop off in the left lane.
- Come to a complete stop at the cross walk and before exiting the property on to Montclair St.
- Do not use electronic devices while driving. Please obey all traffic laws, a failure to do so may result in a traffic citation, even on the school’s property.
Please Know that your child’s safety is our utmost priority. Please use the drop off and pick up time as an opportunity to teach your child how to safely live in a community. If you have any questions or concerns regarding these or other safety issues, please contact our school resource officer, Greg Hollenbach at firstname.lastname@example.org or 385-646-5290
Attention: All parents who are interested in opting-out of state testing. You will need to fill out the opt-out form that can be located on the web address. https://www.graniteschools.org/studentassessment/parental-exclusion-from-state-assessments/ . All testing opt out forms need to be filled out by March 25th 2018 to be eligible.